When the first official trailer for Suicide Squad hit, the Warner Bros. marketing team made excellent use out of Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody”, and indeed it looks like music will be a big part of this next DC Extended Universe film. The full Suicide Squad soundtrack listing has officially been unveiled, giving us a peek at the aural landscape that may or may not populate the film. It’s a somewhat diverse lineup, from Creedence Clearwater Revival’s “Fortunate Sun” to Eminem’s “Without Me” to a cover of “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Panic! At the Disco. But there are also a couple of original tracks as well, including Skrillex and Rick Ross’ “Purple Lamborghini”, with the music video for apparently starring Jared Leto’s Joker himself.
This is certainly a different kind of approach than Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but it’s nice to see that writer/director David Ayer’s Suicide Squad is very much being treated as a very different kind of film. And while a soundtrack is all well and good, I’m also itching to get a peek at Oscar-winning Gravity and The World’s End composer Steven Price’s full original score for the film.
Take a look at the full Suicide Squad soundtrack listing below, followed by links to some of our most recent coverage for the film. Atlantic Records will release the Suicide Squad soundtrack on August 5th, the same day as the film. Click here to pre-order on iTunes.
1. Purple Lamborghini – Skrillex & Rick Ross
2. Sucker For Pain – Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa & Imagine Dragons (with Logic, Ty Dolla $ign & X Ambassadors)
3. Heathens – twenty one pilots
4. Standing In The Rain – Action Bronson & Dan Auerbach (of The Black Keys) (feat. Mark Ronson)
5. Gangsta – Kehlani
6. Know Better – Kevin Gates
7. You Don’t Own Me – Grace (feat. G-Eazy)
8. Without Me – Eminem
9. Wreak Havoc – Skylar Grey
10. Medieval Warfare – Grimes
11. Bohemian Rhapsody – Panic! At The Disco
12. Slippin’ Into Darkness – War
13. Fortunate Son – Creedence Clearwater Revival
14. I Started a Joke – ConfidentialMX (feat. Becky Hanson)