The Aamir Khan starrer Dangal that released weeks back in China has been doing roaring business. In fact after opening to a massive start, the film’s business witnessed exponential growth each passing day. Now we hear that the film hasn’t created records within the country but in China as well.
In this article we take a look at a few of the records Dangal has managed to set within the Chinese market:
• Dangal is ranked 19th in the list of All Time Top Grossers at the China Box office above The Monkey King 2 and below Captain America : Civil War. By the time, the film would exhaust its run in another three weeks; it would have climbed to possibly 15th or 16th position at the China box office.
• Dangal has become the Highest non-English and non-Chinese film to rake in USD 179.41 million [Rs. 1154 crores] at the close of 38 days at the Chinese box.
• With a collection of USD 179.41 million [Rs. 1154 crores], Dangal has also become the first film ever to have managed to collect almost 80x its opening day collections in China.
• Dangal has also become the only film that has grossed over USD 1 million at the Chinese box office for 38 consecutive days
• Dangal also becomes the highest single territory grossing Indian film outside of the Indian market.
via Bollywood Hungama