One of the most anticipated new arrivals to Netflix isn’t an original movie or a second helping of one of the content-streaming giant’s live-action series, it’s Love, Death & Robots. This NSFW showcase of out-of-the-box animation and out-of-its-mind stories will arrive on March 15th, but thanks to the project’s social media accounts, we now have a better idea of just what some of those stories might be and what they’ll look like.
Take, for example, “Alternate Histories”, an animated short that sets out to kill Hitler again and again in increasingly hilarious ways. Or maybe the psychedelic “Fish Night”, in which travelers in the desert take a trippy trip through time, is more your speed. Whatever you’re into, there’s probably going to be a version of it in the upcoming animated event. We can’t wait. Get a jump on the stories by checking out the synopses and teaser trailers below.
Here’s the official synopsis for Love, Death & Robots:
Love, Death & Robots is a collection of animated short stories that span the science fiction, fantasy, horror and comedy genres. With a bold approach to each story’s narrative, episodes are intended to be easy to watch and hard to forget.
Executive produced by David Fincher, Tim Miller, Jennifer Miller and Josh Donen, the series brings together world-class animation creators and captivating stories for the first anthology of short animated stories guaranteed to deliver a unique and visceral viewing experience.
Take a look at the newly revealed episode teasers and synopses below:
Alternate Histories: Want to see Hitler die in a variety of comically fantastic ways? Now you can. Welcome to Multiversity!
Ice Age: A young couple moves into an apartment and finds a lost civilization inside their antique freezer.
Lucky 13: After the drop-ship Lucky 13 lost two crews, no pilot would fly her… but rookies don’t get a choice.
Zima Blue: The renowned artist Zima recounts his mysterious past and rise to fame before unveiling his final work.
And here are the synopses for the shorts that don’t yet have a teaser (or at least not one that we could match up just yet) but keep an eye out because more are coming. Netflix’s Instagram account for the anthology series is releasing one a day up until the March 15th debut:
- Aquila Rift: Awakening after traveling light years off course, a ship’s crew struggles to discover just how far they’ve come.
- Blind Spot: A gang of cyborg thieves stage a high-speed heist of a heavily armored convoy.
- Good Hunting: The son of a spirit hunter forges a bond with a shape-shifting huli jing.
- Helping Hand: Stranded in orbit, an astronaut must choose between life and limb before her oxygen runs out.
- Shape-Shifters: Deep in Afghanistan, two Marines with supernatural powers face a threat from one of their own kind.
- Secret War: Elite units of the Red Army fight an unholy evil deep in the ancient forests of Siberia.
- Sonnie’s Edge: In the underground world of “beastie” fights, Sonnie is unbeatable — as long as she keeps her edge.
- Sucker of Souls: Unleashed by an archaeological dig, a bloodthirsty demon battles a team of mercenaries armed with… cats?
- Suits: A community of farmers use their homemade mechs to defend their families from an alien invasion.
- The Dump: Ugly Dave calls the garbage dump home, and he’s not about to let some city slicker take it away from him.
- The Witness: After seeing a brutal murder, a woman flees from the killer through the streets of a surreal city.
- Three Robots: Long after the fall of humanity, three robots embark on a sightseeing tour of a post-apocalyptic city.
- When The Yogurt Took Over: After scientists accidentally breed super-intelligent yogurt, it soon hungers for world domination.