DC Comics is here to get DC fans all kinds of hyped for the very special DC FanDome virtual convention event on Saturday, August 22. In a year without in-person conventions and a sore lack of tentpoles in theaters, DC has created a virtual space for fans to converge and enjoy updates, previews, and discussions on their fave DC/Warner Bros. movies, TV shows, and more.
The teaser trailer shared by DC Comics on Wednesday makes good use of John Williams‘ “Superman” theme as it previews the virtual convention space. Over the course of a brief 50 seconds, the camera zooms through a large hall, with shots from DC TV shows The Flash and Harley Quinn projected on either wall. We then find ourselves in a huge, virtual auditorium before the teaser comes to a close.
The FanDome event consists of six different, fully programmed areas. Those areas are: A “Hall of Heroes” (Main Hall), a DC WatchVerse, a DC YouVerse, a DC KidsVerse, a DC InsiderVerse, and DC FunVerse. All areas will be active on the DC FanDome official site for 24 hours. Among the highlights of the event, fans will be treated to exclusive content from cast and crew tied to some of the biggest movies under the DC/Warner Bros. umbrella, including The Batman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman 1984, Black Adam, The Suicide Squad, and the Justice League Snyder Cut. Additionally, DC TV shows including Batwoman, Lucifer, Doom Patrol, Stargirl, and Pennyworth will also be featured in the FanDome event.
The DC FanDome event will take place on August 22 beginning at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT — and it’s FREE to watch! Check out the teaser trailer and get the complete rundown on each FanDome event area below. For more information, head over to DCFanDome.com.
As for the six unique FanDome areas, here’s what they entail:
- DC WatchVerse: Here’s where you grab a seat, sit back and join our virtual audience and become completely engrossed in hours of must-see content from around the world. Everything from panels and exclusive screenings to never-before-seen footage, featuring cast, creators and behind-the-scenes crew from across DC Films, TV, Home Entertainment and Games.
- DC YouVerse: Venture into this world where the FANS are the stars to see the most amazing user-generated content, cosplay and fan art from around the world, including, perhaps, your own.
- DC KidsVerse: Need a way to entertain your kids for hours on end? We’ve got you covered inside a special world, which can be accessed directly at DCKidsFanDome.com. This area features a broad range of family-friendly activations for our younger fans.
- DC InsiderVerse: This creativity-based world contains a centerpiece video featuring legendary artist and DC CCO/Publisher Jim Lee, President of DC-Based Film Production Walter Hamada, and creator of the DC TV Arrowverse, Executive Producer Greg Berlanti, welcoming fans with a 101-style introduction to the DC Multiverse. From there, go behind the scenes with the master artisans who bring DC to life in all its forms, from comic books to games, TV, movies, theme parks, consumer products and more.
- DC FunVerse: Take your DC FanDome experience and gather cool shareables; check out our comic book reader; DIY cool WW84 Golden Armor and Batmobile kits; plus digital giveaways and a store filled with merchandise, including some limited-edition exclusives.