Folks, at long last, it’s time to get to know the new Suicide Squad. We knew that James Gunn‘s reboot The Suicide Squad had a loaded cast. The film includes 2016’s Suicide Squad cast members Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Jai Courtney, and Viola Davis reprising their roles as well as newcomers Idris Elba, John Cena, Storm Reid, Nathan Fillion, Peter Capaldi, Taika Waititi, Pete Davidson, Alice Braga, Michael Rooker, and more. But who exactly these new actors would be playing was left a mystery until now.
While appearing at Saturday’s DC Fandome event, Gunn revealed the full roster of cast and characters for the upcoming film, and as you’d expect from Gunn, it’s a real wild bunch. You can watch the official roll call from the event in the video below, followed by the full breakdown of the cast and characters.
- Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn
- Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang
- Joel Kinnaman as Rick Flagg
- Viola Davis as Amanda Waller
- John Cena as Peacemaker
- Pete Davidson as Black Guard
- Michael Rooker as Savant
- Sean Gunn as Weasel
- Idris Elba as Bloodsport
- Peter Capaldi as The Thinker
- David Dastmalchian as Polka Dot Man
- Daniela Melchior as Ratcatcher 2
- Flula Borg as Javelin
- Nathan Fillion as T.D.K. (aka The Detachable Kid)
- Mayling Ng as Mongal
- Alice Braga as Sulsoria
Obviously that’s a pretty stacked cast and I wouldn’t be surprised if some of these characters quickly go the way of Slipknot from the first movie (R.I.P., sweet prince).
The Suicide Squad opens August 6, 2021.