Reddit is a notoriously unreliable source of information, but there are occasionally some legit leaks on there. The entire plots of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Wonder Woman 1984, and even this year’s The Suicide Squad all leaked in advance, but do we finally have reliable intel on Spider-Man: No Way Home as well?
Before we get to that, let’s look at this latest leaker’s track record. Yesterday, SpideyForever245 revealed the name of the actor who made that surprise appearance in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier today. No one else put the name forward on Reddit, members of the press haven’t received advanced screeners, and not a single website came close to guessing who it would be.
That gives them a little more credibility than most users of that site, and their statement about this actor’s identity was made in a busy comments section, not a post looking for karma. Three days ago, they also shared a comment about Spider-Man: No Way Home with information from a crew member.
It’s vague and there are some gaps, but a lot of it adds up, and we’re willing to at least consider that this is the real deal. It could just as easily be fake, however, so take it with a pinch of salt. After all, being right about one thing obviously doesn’t mean a supposed “leaker” will be correct about another.
Here are the main points (edited for clarity):
- There’s a time skip, Peter Parker is in court, there’s a lot going on as he’s trying to prove his innocence.
- The Multiverse is breaking [and] there are villains from other worlds. Doctor Strange is trying to capture them and put them in a special prison he made. The villains somehow escaped because Peter messed with some magic to clear his name [and it’s] now up to him to get them back into the prison.
- Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are in the second and third acts of the movie.
- There are some scenes with Maguire and Garfield on their own.
- The movie’s final act is on the Statue of Liberty that now looks like a big Captain America with the shield. The villains are all there. Holland, Maguire and Garfield too. There is a Stark Arc Reactor the [vilalins] are fighting over.
- All the villains except Willaim Defoe’s Green Goblin end up in that prison. The Goblin kills someone…I’m not sure who, but Tom Holland’s Peter was crying and got so mad he tried to kill Goblin and very nearly did.
- The movie ends with Peter finishing high school…it looks like everyone still knows he’s Spider-Man by the end.